Reasons to Read This Book
- You love reading a book that you think "that would never happen" and find out that it did.
- You admire courageous people.
- You love a story told from many points of view.
- You love to read about David and Goliath stories.
- You enjoy a good antagonist that gets your goat.
- You believe good things can come out of horrible situations.
- You care about women's rights and civil rights.
Reasons to Not Read This Book
- You are not interested in the struggle of the African American slaves in the United States.
- You are not interested in the struggle of women in the United States.
- You are intimidated about women who risked everything to do something right, honorable, and heroic.
- You enjoy more a short not-so-real life fantasy that takes you away like a Calgon bath.
- You can't stomach the horrors of slavery or prefer not to know about them.